Amplio is growing and we are looking for a Loan Closer to join our team.
Loan Closer Job Description
Looking for a job that makes a difference? Join our mission-based small business lending organization! Amplio Economic Development Corporation (Amplio) is a growing nonprofit economic development organization with a mission to provide innovative small business financing tools and help businesses grow. We are a small, team-focused office. Based in Arden Hills, we work across Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Join our team and help us make a difference in our community.
The Loan Closer leads the closings for Amplio’s SBA 504 commercial loans. This role will review SBA 504 loan authorizations, collect and compile closing documents, and complete SBA 504 mortgage closing transactions. The Loan Closer will work closely with lenders, borrowers, title companies, attorneys, and Amplio staff members to ensure that all requirements of the transaction have been met and the loan closes efficiently and according to SBA regulations.
The role will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review SBA loan authorizations.
- Collect and compile loan and legal documents required for closings from lending partners, title companies, escrow companies, appraisers, attorneys, insurance companies and borrowers; verify completeness of documents; follow up on missing materials or discrepancies.
- Prepare closing packages for SBA loans.
- Schedule closings.
- Answer borrowers’ questions relating to details of transactions and obtain signatures of principal parties on necessary documents.
- Close each transaction according to established procedures.
- Discuss any requests for changes to approved loan structures with Loan Officers. Coordinate with appropriate parties to ensure transactions are completed.
- Compile closing documentation to be sent to SBA, Central Servicing Agent and attorneys.
- Provide cross-training, guidance, and support to other Amplio staff as needed.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of SBA lending guidelines and regulations, for both the 504 and 7(a) loan programs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related degree from an accredited college/university is preferred. Paralegal certification a bonus.
Eight to ten years of experience working in an office environment. Experience in a title company, paralegal role, or commercial lending organization, preferred. SBA experience a bonus.
Knowledge of basic and specialized business software such as Word and Excel required. Knowledge of commercial lending procedures preferred. Experience with SBA 7(a) or 504 loan closing a bonus
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The salary for this position is between $55,000 to $75,000 per year, based on experience. Amplio offers bonus pay; health, life, and disability insurance; 401(K) match; and paid holidays, vacation, and PTO.